Effective Date: December 17, 2015
This website and the service available through it is owned by Preact, Inc., d/b/a Ptero.
This policy describes:
- The types of information we collect when you use our service;
- How we use, share, and protect that information;
- How long we retain that information; and
- Your rights and options regarding the information we collect.
- Information We Collect.
We collect three categories of information:
- Your Personally identifiable information (PII): PII is information that personally identifies one individual from another. This information is voluntarily provided to us by you when you register on our website in order to use our service. As of the effective date of this Agreement, to establish your account we only ask you to provide your name, company name, email address, and password. Once your account is established, you may be asked to add additional information, some of which may consist of PII. Such additional information may include information associated with your method of payment (should you choose to upgrade your account), and the names and contact information of other persons authorized to access your account. In addition, when you log on to your account, we will record your computer IP address, and may tie it to your specific account. Under ordinary circumstances, an IP address recorded in isolation is not PII under the standard definition of the term. However, it may become PII when it is combined with other information, as in this case.
- General Information: General Information consists of information that is anonymous in nature and does not identify you as an individual. General Information of this nature is collected through a small piece of computer code called a “cookie,” and includes your computer IP address, unique mobile device identifier, browser type, ISP or carrier name, and the URL of the last webpage you visited before visiting our website. This information gives us insights on how our users use our site and our services. We use this information to ensure that our service continues to appeal to our users.
- How We Use Information.
- How We Use PII: We use the PII we collect from and about you to establish your account and to deliver the service in accordance with your preferences. We may also use PII for the following purposes:
- to contact you via email with information relating to your account or for promotional purposes;
- to enable us to display advertisements that are relevant to you, in the event we elect to display such advertisements; and
- to otherwise perform functions associated with our service. You may stop receiving emails from us by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- How We Use General Information: We use the General Information we collect from you for our internal business purposes (i.e., to monitor overall usage trends, metrics, page views, etc.)
- How We Use Third Party Information: We use the Third Party Information we collect from you to solely to deliver the services you request.
- How We Share Information.
Our employees have access to the information you provide to the extent necessary to perform their duties. We will not sell, lease, or otherwise share any of the information to or with any third party except in the following circumstances:
- If you specifically request or authorize us to share information, we will share only as much of your information as may be required to fulfill your request.
- If you provide us with a testimonial that includes PII (i.e., your name and/or company name), you are authorizing to publish, share, and distribute that information for promotional purposes at any time and in any manner that we see fit.
- If you utilize our service in a manner that requires the sharing of PII (i.e., transmitting reports and similar communications to other users);
- If requested or required by law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, we may disclose any information we have collected from you. We also may disclose your information to exercise or protect our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
- We sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf, such as cloud storage and web hosting providers, email service providers, and software maintenance service providers. We must necessarily share your information with such third parties as may be required to perform their functions. We may also disclose General information that we collect to third party service providers to improve or enhance our service, or for any other business purpose.
- In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if all or substantially all of our business assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any assets may continue to be used as set forth in this policy.
- How We Protect Information.
We take the security of your PII seriously and use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect PII against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Our website uses Secure Socket Layering (SSL) to encrypt information including user login and password, user account content, credit card numbers etc. This website also uses a generally accepted standard of technological security for the purpose of protecting all information provided by visitors from misuse, loss, or corruption. We deploy our backend through Amazon Web Services (AWS). We also use Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) to hold and separate our data from Amazon’s public cloud. On our backend server, we use a security token to communicate and verify the requests send to our back end API service. We also limit access to PII to those employees who reasonably need access to it to operate the Service. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about you. In addition, we have no control over the security of other web sites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those web sites site from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session. If there is a breach of security, then we may either post a notice through the service or attempt to notify you via email so that you can take reasonable protective steps.
- How Long We Keep Information.
Unless you delete some or all of the information associated with your account, we will retain it for as long as we deem necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request.
- Your Rights and Control.
- Tracking Technology and Do-Not-Track Requests.
We do not currently employ any technology that enables us to track your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites, nor do we plan on doing so in the future. Keep in mind, however, that we have no control over the activities of third parties, and they may employ such technology that tracks your activity on this site. Because we do not employ tracking technology, we offer no response to Do-Not-Track requests transmitted by Web browsers.
- Children under 13.
Our service is not intended for users under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any information from children under 13, except any Third Party Information you provide to us. You are solely responsible for informing your users about how you share any information you collect from children under the age of 13. If we are informed that you have collected the information of anyone under the age of 13 in a manner that violates any statute or regulation concerning the same, we will attempt to delete it as soon as possible.
- For California Users.